[Pixman] pixman: Add support for argb/xrgb float formats, v5.

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 19:04:55 UTC 2018

I don't like the fact that the design which allows the rgba to be different
sizes cannot make them vary between float and decimal. The main reason is
so that an integer for Alpha can be supported. I think maybe there should
be a bit that changes the interpretation of the bit widths to a 16-valued
type enumeration. For n-bit integers use n-1 as now, but remove the unusual
ones and replace them with floating point and signed types. Use a lookup
table to get type + width. I really don't think there are more than 16 of
them:

8, 16, 32, 64 bit unsigned
8, 16, 32, 64 bit float
this set leaves 8 unused values, which maybe could be allocated in the
future for signed types or 128-bit types. You could also provide a few more
unsigned widths (1,2,4,10,12?)