Proposed: libpcre

Brad Hards bhards at bigpond.net.au
Mon Aug 9 13:06:54 EEST 2004

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 14:15 pm, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> How many of those libs use libpcre today? ;-) GTK is thinking about it,
> I know.
>
> On my system (with Qt, GTK, and XUL installed) only grep seems to depend
> on pcre, though I would not be surprised if XUL has an internal copy.
It is a KDE dependency (for Konqueror javascript):
http://www.kde.org/info/requirements/3.3.php

http://www.pcre.org says:
PCRE was originally written for the Exim MTA, but is now used by many
high-profile open source projects, including Python, Apache, PHP, KDE,
Postfix, Analog, and nmap. Other interesting projects using PCRE include
Ferite, Onyx, Hypermail, and Askemos.
Looks like at least some of those are optional though.