Proposed: xlibs

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Sat Jul 31 02:42:00 EEST 2004

I'm proposing xlibs with this mail.

Rationale:
Everyone uses and loves X. The current list of xlibs modules is:
Extensions - CompositeExt, DamageExt, FixesExt, ResourceExt,
             PanoramiXExt, RecordExt, XCalibrateExt, ScrnSaverExt,
             XExtensions, Xproto, PM, Randr, Render
Libraries - FS, ICE, SM, X11, XCalibrare, XRes, XTrap, Xau, Xext,
            Xcomposite, Xcursor, Xdamage, Xdmcp, Xi, Xfixes, Xfont,
	    Xfontcache, Xft, Xinerama, Xmu, Xtst, Xrandr, Xrender, Xss,
	    Xv, Xxf86dga, Xxf86misc, Xxf86rush, Xxf86vm, xkbfile, xkbui
Data - xkbdesc
Bastard half-children of the 80's - xtrans
Half-supported libraries - Xaw, Xp, Xpm, Xt

The half-supported libraries are to be considered deprecated. While they
will be included in this platform release, and will be until such time
as they are no longer enjoying widespread use, they are to be removed in
later releases.

Candidate version: none[0].
Upstream: freedesktop.org
Dependencies: virtually none

:) d

[0]: As the xlibs RM, I need to do a release before this. I will do a
     release before the platform is due, suitable for the platform.
     Really, this time; the complications which killed my aspirations to
     get a release out earlier have been removed.

--
Daniel Stone                                            <daniel at freedesktop.org>
freedesktop.org: powering your desktop                http://www.freedesktop.org