No more module proposals - decisions need to be made

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Mon Oct 11 02:35:39 EEST 2004

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 06:44:54AM +1000, Brad Hards wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 02:44 am, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > I think we should let this be satisfied by XFree86 4.0 or greater,
> > and/or any version of the modular xlibs tree. ??Any objections?
> Are they exactly binary compatible?

libXrandr changed soname in 4.3, and I believe Xrender might've changed
in that time also.  The major libs (with the exception of Xaw, which now
has an Xaw8 tree to add to 6 and 7) haven't changed much, I believe.

--
Daniel Stone                                            <daniel at freedesktop.org>
freedesktop.org: powering your desktop                http://www.freedesktop.org