Plymouth question

G. Michael Carter mikey at carterfamily.ca
Wed Dec 3 11:23:08 PST 2008

Ray thanks for your help.   I'm pretty safe posting to the list since
she would be in very different areas of the internet.

The debug help and manual run helped me figure out what's going on.  (I
think)   When doing the init 3/show splash thing I see the changes to
the star.png file no problem.   But a reboot I don't.  There is a "no
file found" type message on a reboot.   I'm assuming the graphic files
need to be in the initrd file, but the
/usr/libexec/plymouth/plymouth-update-initrd doesn't appear to be
putting them in.  I added the -v flag to the command inside and don't
see any reference to the /usr/share/plymouth directory.

Or did I really miss the mark on this one?   Was there something I
needed to do before hand?

Thanks
Michael

--