Plymouth question

Ray Strode halfline at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 20:07:03 PST 2008

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 5:35 PM, G. Michael Carter <mikey at carterfamily.ca> wrote:
> oh so silly found the problem.   I had copied the images into a backup
> directory "bk" seems if there are any subdirectories mkinitrd doesn't
> copy the images.
Ah, glad you found the issue.

> Which brings me to my next question.   How did you tell mkinitrd to
> include the images in the first place?   I've very new to the mkinitrd
> and want to make a PXE version of a liveCD in the new year  (if I ever
> get around to it)
mkinitrd calls plymouth-populate-initrd.  plymouth-populate-initrd copies
all the files (but as you found out not directories) in
/usr/share/plymouth/<plugin-name>/ to the initrd.

The livecd actually uses mkliveinitrd not mkinitrd which is a similar
but more generic script.

--Ray