patches for displaying messages (brejc8) and correctly erasing dirty areas (halfline, brejc8, me)

Philip Stark heller.barde at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 15:35:29 PDT 2009

Hi all,

My name is Philip Stark, i am a developer for the Chakra Project.
(chakra-project.org)
We want to use Plymouth as our bootsplash and thus I started to poke
halfline on IRC to help me to get Plymouth to work on our systems which
works like a charm now (thanks again, halfline)

because we would like to display some messages during boot, brejc8 was
so nice as to write a patch for two-step to implement that behaviour.
resulting from that functionality, we discovered a bug in the label
plugin which resulted in a failure to erase the area that a text box
occupied before it's content changed.

attached are the two patches.

cheers Philip Stark