using plymouth for a little more than boot animations

Charlie Brej plymouth at brej.org
Thu Jun 25 15:29:52 PDT 2009

On 25/06/09 22:08, Daniel Drake wrote:
> Hi Charlie,
>
> 2009/6/25 Charlie Brej<plymouth at brej.org>:
>> Do you have the images that are used for these? I should be able to make
>> something that suits you now.
>
> Thanks a lot for the offer, I'd love to see this happen but I should
> first tell you that we decided to stay with OLPC's custom boot anim
> for now. We got held back on the serial console and performance issues
> with plymouth and decided to stay with something that we already have
> working for the time being. I hope we can return to this.. I haven't
> forgotten about the performance improvement patches that were posted,
> I've just been tied up with other things.
>
> To answer the question though, you can find the images in the images
> subdirectory of this git repo:
> git://dev.laptop.org/users/cscott/act-gui
> http://dev.laptop.org/git/users/cscott/act-gui
>
> Daniel

Took a look at the images and they are exactly what I wanted.
Actually, I just wanted to have a target implementation for using the script
plugin. I'm just using it to walk through a plugin implementation and fill in
any missing parts which would be useful. I don't have anything close to working
atm, but it would be good if you could have a look in a couple months at the
implementation and see if it fills your requirements.