olpc boot splash

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri May 1 16:27:21 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'll reply to the rest of it next week as its midnight and I should
really be going to sleep.... :)

> and then in /usr/share/plymouth/themes/olpc you would just drop the
> various frames of the animations.  See the glow theme for an example.

Did you see Charlie's remake of the OLPC one that didn't have all the
frames? He basically had a single png of the arrow, the ball, the XO
man and the logo all in very small images and then rotated the arrow
and moved or repainted the ball rather than having 25 or so frames
like previously as it took up a lot less space. Is that the same as
the frames you mention?

Peter