Scripted plugins

Charlie Brej plymouth at brej.org
Thu May 7 06:58:50 PDT 2009

Charlie Brej wrote:
 > Just to keep everyone updated. I was meaning, over the new year, to create a
 > scripting language to allow elements of the theme to be described. I got
 > distracted half way though but just got back to it. I have currently got it to
 > execute expressions so we can set the plugin variables (like the ones Ray allows
 > to be set using the .plymouth files) to values which are not constant.

So far I have managed to get integer operations working with +=*/% operators and
"if" and "while" constructs. I'm working outside of the tree as it is much
easier to test this way. If anyone wants to have a look then here is my current
status. Obviously this is work in progress code so is incredibly messy and all
over the place with no naming scheme. You may need to edit the Makefile to point
to the plymouth include dir etc.

http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~brejc8/temp/plymouth_script.tar.gz

I still need to do strings, floats, functions, a method of wrapping C functions
and storing links to C objects.