Plymouth custom initrd problems

Daire Byrne Daire.Byrne at framestore.com
Wed May 20 07:17:35 PDT 2009

Ray,

----- "Ray Strode" <halfline at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The kernel command line looks like:
> >
> >  init=/init rw quiet vga=0x318 rhgb
>
> So it's probably the init=/init here that's the problem.
>
> Plymouth does something like:
>
> if (strstr (kernel_command_line, " init=") != NULL)
>   dump_captured_output_to_screen_and_quit ();
>
> It does this so that plymouth won't take control of the console when
> the user is typing at a shell.

Yes that was it - thanks! Removing the init kernel command line seems to have
sorted everything. It turns out I didn't need it anyway.

One quick unrelated question - do you have any indications that Nvidia will
ever add KMS to their driver?

Daire

PS: sorry for the spam - I was trying to get around the 80k mailing list
moderator limit.