Some recent changes

Charlie Brej plymouth at brej.org
Sun Nov 29 04:50:22 PST 2009

On 28/11/09 18:03, Ray Strode wrote:
> Thanks for doing these changes.  I haven't looked over them in serious
> detail yet, but it looks like you fixed quite a few important bugs and
> made some good optimizations.  I appreciate it.
>
> --Ray

I added a few more things. This is now all the stuff I wanted to get in before
0.8.0 so I am happy for a release.

Region stuff

There was bad tearing if the screen was being drawn in the middle of a
framebuffer commit. Random rectangles would be in their new state, and rest in
their old. I added a get sorted rectangles which sorts the list by the Y value
which will commit the rectangles in a more sensible order.

List stuff

Sort was bubble sort and that was exploding somewhat with very large lists. I
repaced the implementation with quick sort. This messed up the stability of
sprites in the script plugin so I added a sort_stable which is O^2 complex but
does well with nearly sorted lists (which is what we have). Also added get Nth
node as it is useful and easy to get wrong.

Script stuff

Added a string library with CharAt being the only function so far. Use with
String("the string to process").CharAt(index). I will make the String art
optional later.
Now a single script instance executes even with multiple screens.
These are multiple windows present, these can be moved to expose different parts
of the canvas. By default they are in mirror mode trying to show the same view
(aligned by their centre point). The Window.GetWidth and Height functions return
the size of window 0. To get other window sizes, supply the window index to the
function. It will return NULL if the window is not present. You can move the
window by doing a Window.SetX(window_index, new_x_value). These can then pla
placed side by side or far apart to create independent scenes.

Label stuff

Added setting of the color. Default is white. I went through all the themes and
it looks OK. If these is a theme which looks bad then say so and I will put a
second black shadow (old mode).