Building plymouth

Ray Strode halfline at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 09:37:04 PDT 2010

Hi,

> Is there a way to remove the dependency on GTK from plymouth? I'm building
> plymouth for a small LFS based distro and I don't have/need GTK right now.
> Looking at the source it seems that it's only used for the log viewer? Am I
> wrong?
Nope, you're right. It's only used for the log viewer.  If you want to
send a patch that makes it optional, I'll gladly appy it.

Note, we do have an optional pango / cairo  dependency for text rendering.

> Also, the configure script assumes that the intel, radeon and nvidia drm
> libraries are all installed which might not be the case on systems that only
> support one type of graphic card. Having something more modular would
> certainly be welcomed.
Sure we could make that optional as well.

Anyway, I have no objection to the changes if you want to look into
making them. If those changes aren't something you want to look into
fixing up, then would you mind filing a bug in freedesktop bugzilla?

--Ray