[Theme] Space Sunrise

Adrian Glaubitz glaubitz at physik.fu-berlin.de
Sat Jan 2 12:26:42 PST 2010

Hi Andre,

On Sat, Jan 02, 2010 at 09:07:05PM +0100, Andre Osku Schmidt wrote:
> Hello list and Happy 2010!
>
> been following plymouth in the blogsphere for a while now, and when i
> saw this easy tutorial http://brej.org/blog/?p=158 i could not resist to
> scratch an itch...
>
> a sunrise in space, coming behind a planet, indicating the boot progress
> of your system... (a station/ship/logo in the shadow of the planet,
> illuminated by the sun rays coming from the horizon, boot done. <those
> scifi scanning objects in display>, lock on station/ship/logo, display
> login entry... ok, ok, i'll stop;)

I just checked out your preview video and have to say I really like
your plymouth, I'd highly vote for this to be in trunk. And even if
not everybody likes your theme, it's still fair to be a part of
plymouth since the amount of themes in plymouth is still limited.

Unfortunately, I'm not anyone of the guys who can make decisions here,
but in any case, I support your efforts. Hope you can get it in. Maybe
you should also contact Ray directly, he is very open to new
improvements and helps you to get your stuff into plymouth as smooth
as possible.

Can you provide a patch against current git master, I would like to
test on my own. Also, I would suggest that you also contact the Ubuntu
Design Team, maybe they'd be willing to support you. They have just
recently included plymouth with their latest alpha release and they're
probably still looking for a default (there isn't any yet in Ubuntu).

Ubuntu Artwork: <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/>

Good Luck,

Adrian