plymouth retain-splash

Ray Strode halfline at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 06:34:27 PDT 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 6:37 AM, Muhammad Ammar <mammar at gmail.com> wrote:
> When i tried to install the latest(initscripts-9.21) initscripts from source
> code, i am getting the following error:
> mv: `//etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup' and `//sbin/ifup' are the same
> file
> Any Idea about this?
Not really.  Have you tried asking on fedora-devel-list.?  I don't
think initscripts is normally installed from source.  It's usually
turned into a tarball and then built into an rpm.

I wouldn't recommend installing the latest initscripts on an older
release though.

Honestly, if you need this fix for initscripts in f13, if you ask in
bugzilla, Bill (the initscripts maintainers) might be able to push an
update for you.

(we're getting little off topic for plymouth list though)

--Ray