Keyboard input / init + questions

Ray Strode halfline at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 16:22:34 PDT 2010

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 6:40 PM, Jerome Martin <tramjoe.merin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just tried, init still wins.
> Sorry :-(

Is the debug spew the same?

One thing I don't immediately understand is that most of your debug
output isn't showing up.

We see ply_terminal_session_attach in the debug log.  This happens as
soon as you run "plymouth show-splash"

Then immediately after that I see ply_terminal_session_detach is
getting called. This could be because of the tty disconnect, or it
could be because ply_terminal_session_attach failed.  I feel like
there should be some debug messages between attach and detach though,
so I'm curious what's going on there.

Do you have a /var/log/plymouth-debug.log file?  If not does, putting
the log file somewhere else with, e.g.,

plymouth:debug=file:/tmp/log

produce a complete debug log?

I just pushed a commit to add some more verbosity arround the terminal
session handling.

--Ray