Keyboard input / init + questions

Jerome Martin jxm at risingtidesystems.com
Mon Sep 27 00:13:50 PDT 2010

Ray,

Fred here is using a patch very similar to my own, basically moving
the TIOCSCTTY of init out of plymouth's way.
As for the logs, I use a much stripped down system environment, with a ro
root and a COW on top of it that does not get mounted right away, so that
might explain the log issues.

Fred, with a more complete environment and better logging, maybe it would be
easier for you to try Ray last rev. and send him the full log without your
sysvinit patch ? I can still do it, but really am unsure I do get all of the
logs.

I will still do my best to extract proper messages meanwhile, and will keep
you posted. It sure would be better not to have to patch init :-)

Best Regards,
Jerome

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 7:16 AM, Frederic Crozat <fred at crozat.net> wrote:

> 2010/9/26 Ray Strode <halfline at gmail.com>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 5:09 PM, Jerome Martin <tramjoe.merin at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> I cannot copy/paste it right now, but I have interesting messages in a
> >> screenshot attached.
> >> Tell me what you think.
> > This logs suggests the tty hang up handling is incomplete.
> >
> > I'll look into it.  I'm a little surprised, though, since mandriva
> > still uses sysvinit and I thought this work around was good enough for
> > them (I think we added it for them)
>
> Well, I still had to use
>
> http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/sysvinit/current/SOURCES/sysvinit-2.87-speedboot-ioctl.patch?view=markup
> to ensure init wasn't taking console when X was started by rc.sysinit.
> Funny, I now have a similar issue on MeeGo with plymouth-lite (I have
> to double check ;)
>
> --
> Frederic Crozat

Jérôme Martin