Keyboard input / init + questions

Ray Strode halfline at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 10:41:19 PDT 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 6:20 PM, Jerome Martin
<jxm at risingtidesystems.com> wrote:
> Bingo, I never actually quit plymouth this explain why I did not get the
> logs :-)
> Please find the log file attached :-)

So, I'm seeing some strangeness in the fidelity of the logs.  It seems
like ply-logger may have a bug in it, which is unfortunate...

Anyway, looking at the output, I see:

[   38.755306] [main.c]
on_display_message:displaying message Running scripts in rcS.d/ took 4
seconds.
[...]
[   38.794012] [ply-terminal.c]
on_tty_disconnected:tty disconnected (fd 10)
[   38.794015] [ply-terminal.c]
on_tty_disconnected:trying to reopen terminal '/dev/tty1'
[...]
[   38.794021] [./plugin.c]
on_input_source_disconnected:input source disconnected, reopening

So it looks like both parts of the code that are supposed to notice
the tty going away, do it notice it going away, and then both parts
reopen without any error messages.

Can you post the output of

sudo stty -a --file=/dev/tty1

after the keyboard is stolen away but before qutting plymouth?  Also
the output of

ls -l /proc/$(/sbin/pidof plymouthd)/fd

would be useful.  I may have to do a debian install and try to
reproduce to make head way on this issue though.  If I do go that
route, tips on how to recreate your reproduction environment would be
useful.

--Ray