Keyboard input / init + questions

Ray Strode halfline at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 13:53:59 PDT 2010

Hi,

> Yeah the \123 is more standard.
Note C supports \123 for octal and \x123 for hex.
python uses \u1234 for unicode codepoints.

> Although now I am thinking all of this
> should be unicode characters and have a unique character for each key stroke
> (ctrl-V, esc, etc).
that works for control characters (and sort of what we have now) but
not for escape sequences. There's not unicode codepoint for "user hit
the up arrow key"

I don't really think it should be inline with the user's typed keys,
honestly.  We should filter it out at the plymouth daemon level, and
send it to the plugin out-of-band using a different call back.

--Ray