Keyboard input / init + questions

Charlie Brej plymouth at brej.org
Tue Sep 28 14:21:20 PDT 2010

On 09/28/2010 09:28 PM, Jerome Martin wrote:
>     Yeah the \123 is more standard. Although now I am thinking all of
>     this should be unicode characters and have a unique character for
>     each key stroke (ctrl-V, esc, etc).
>

> I think that would make things more difficult, but you know what fits
> best with the plymouth style. I would not have done the indenting in the
> code the same as you neither, this is just a matter of style ;-)

Well, lets start with what Ray was saying and have a side channel for
non text keys, and that should be half the issue solved. I'm only erring
towards unicode because thats what other scripting systems do.

> Then what do you suggest ? Frankly is the only issue is a plugin script
> writer forgetting to properly bind a key for viewing details, well, I
> think people are grown ups :-)

Thats the interesting question. I currently treat theme writers as
foolish users who even if they screw up, will not screw up the system
boot. This may be over protective.

> Sure, no problem. It is simple, really. Find a sample script attached
> (pardon the awkward implementation details, this is just a
> proof-of-concept so some tidying up has yet to be done).

Wow, that is rather impressive. Is there anything else you need to add
to it?