[systemd-devel] Question about plymouth-quit.service

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Oct 10 19:52:53 PDT 2011

On Tue, 11.10.11 10:35, cee1 (fykcee1 at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> It seems plymouth-quit.service hasn't ever been activated on my Fedora15:
> systemctl status plymouth-quit.service
> plymouth-quit.service - Terminate Plymouth Boot Screen
>   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/plymouth-quit.service)
>   Active: inactive (dead)
>   CGroup: name=systemd:/system/plymouth-quit.service
>

> Then, how does it notify plymouth boot splash to quit?

gdm can do that internally.

> Also I noticed prefdm.service has relations with plymouth-quit.service:
> Conflicts=plymouth-quit.service
> After=plymouth-quit.service
> What does that mean?

It means that plymouth-quit.service is removed from the initial
transaction if gdm is pulled in since gdm handles that internally and
does not need plymouth-quit.service for that.

THis is what makes the smooth fading between plymouth and gdm work.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.