Messages shown even after plymouth stopped.

yash cp yashavanth.hsn at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 06:45:06 PST 2014

Hello Team,

I have problem with plymouth in my custom build system.

Basically, when vga=normal set in kernel command line (disable frame buffer
support).  Plymouth
starts the text theme by default, with the  below command options (in
initrd) .

plymouthd --pid-file --attach-to-session  /run/plymouth/pid

plymouth show-splash

The problem is :  After the plymouth gets stopped, terminal /dev/tty1 is
shown and
some boot messages continue to appear even after login screen is shown.

I have checked that no bootlog daemon runs in my setup.

In my configure options, I used

           --with-boot-tty=/dev/tty1
                      \
           --with-shutdown-tty=/dev/tty1                         \

and in my /etc/inittab mingetty is given with options as ,

1:123:respawn:/sbin/mingetty --no-hostname tty1
2:123:respawn:/sbin/mingetty --no-hostname tty2
3:123:respawn:/sbin/mingetty --no-hostname tty3
4:123:respawn:/sbin/mingetty --no-hostname tty4

Unfortunately, enabling debugging in plymouth does not
work in my setup  :(.

When I disable the plymouth, then issue is gone.

Best Regards,
Yash