Help plymouth (new version) is not working "udev support disabled"

Jorge Cisneros jorgecis at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 13:10:29 PDT 2015

Hi All

    For years I was using plymouth in my own initrd and boot scripts, and
was working fine with out any problem, I was using the version 0.8.6, now
that I try to do an update to the version 0.9.0 the same theme and files
are not working..

   running plymouth in debug mode I don't see any obvious error, the first
thing that I notice is the message

     ply-device-mamanger.c udev support disabled, creating fallback seat

   I dont know why!!!

   then the frame buffer plugin show the error

   ply_renderer_open_pluggin: could not query rendering device for
plugin.....

  any idea? why the same boot scripts works with a old version of plymouth,

Thanks