Does plymouth write /etc/init/plymouth-stop.conf on every boot?

sshd at gelm.net sshd at gelm.net
Wed Feb 17 12:53:18 UTC 2016

Gurus:

  I'm trying to build a hybrid Solid State (SATA-SSHD) and
a legacy magnetic spinning platter hard drive (SATA-HD) computer.

  I want to mount frequently written files to the legacy drive and
seldomly written files to the SSHD
(/boot, /root, /sbin, "read-only" et cetera).

  While checking my current system I found these two files were written
when I booted my computer today:
/etc/init/plymouth-stop.conf and
/etc/init/plymouth-shutdown.conf
.
  No other files in '/etc' are written during boot.
I don't want to mount the entire '/etc' folder on the conventional hard drive
just because of these two files.

  What might I do to disable these two files from being written upon each boot?
May I eliminate or disable 'plymouth'?
I really do not care if my screen 'flickers' while it boots.

Regards, Chuck