any way to wait from shell for splash screen be set up?

LAHAYE Olivier olivier.lahaye at cea.fr
Wed Jul 11 14:04:21 UTC 2018

Hi,

Is there a way to make sure that plymouthd has setup the splash?

I've tryed plymouth --ping, but that doesn't help.
It answers ok (plymouthd running) eventhough the splash is not yet setup.
Thus all "plymouth update --status="...." are not rendered and lost.

My ugly work around is to wait 0.5 seconds (arbitrary) after having set /etc/plymouth/plymouthd.conf to
[Daemon]
Theme=systemimager
ShowDelay=0
DeviceTimeout=0.1

Ideally a reliable solution that would work from CentOS-6 up to latests distros would be cool.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Cheers,

--
   Olivier LAHAYE