[Pm-utils] Re: Dealing with suspend/resume failures

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Mon Nov 13 10:39:32 PST 2006

Holger Macht wrote:
> I think pm-utils should be the only one writing a logfile about a thing it
> knows about and actually executes.

Disagree; the logfile is to be owned by HAL since HAL provides the
ABI/API to access / delete it. It's really just delayed error handling
using a well-define mechanism. Plus, HAL now runs on FreeBSD / Solaris,
I want it to work for them too without having them to use pm-utils [1].

Hmm, I guess we're arguing details right now.... which means we
basically agree :-)

      David

[1] : though ideally they'd port pm-utils over but I'm not sure it's the
right time to make such a strict requirement.