[Pm-utils] sometimes on resume, fan very loud until power off

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Mon Nov 27 08:51:15 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 11:42 -0500, John H. wrote:
> fc6

If you do:

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

what does it say?  If it's "performance", do this (as root):

echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

which will bring the system back to normal within a few seconds,
hopefully.  I'm not quite sure what's doing it, but sometimes it seems
something is setting it to performance occasionally, particularly right
after the system resumes.  I'm not sure what just yet.

One thing that might help (again, not sure just yet) is doing (as root):

chmod -x /etc/pm/hooks/94cpufreq

--
  Peter