[Pm-utils] Re: Resume via quirks, not using the DBUS method, Was: Release Candidates ?

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 06:56:42 PST 2007

On 2/20/07, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 00:59 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> >  1. Need a pm-utils release and the associated glue for HAL. Richard,
> >     can you drive this one (I can throw staplers at Peter if needed)?
> >     Thanks! This is a release blocker.
>
> Attached patches (to pm-utils and HAL) propagate the quirk information
> onto the tools via the command line.
>
> Lightly tested by me.

I just noticed that some of the tools scripts have /bin/sh for the
shebang, but they're using [ ... == ... ] for the tests. The == isn't
supported by all POSIX shells and a single = accomplishes the same
thing. Here's what bash(1) has to say about that:

       string1 == string2
              True if the strings are equal.  = may be used in place of == for
              strict POSIX compliance.

So, those should all be changed unless you've got #!/bin/bash in the
script. Here's a patch to fix all the existing cases (prior to
Richard's patches).

--
Dan