[Pm-utils] dell e1505 with intel 945gm video, upgrade to f7 breaks video resume on suspend

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 03:26:09 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 05:10 -0500, John H. wrote:
> Well, the thing is, pm-utils does support my laptop because before I
> upgraded from fc6 to f7 it worked.  Is quirks stuff still necessary?
> I had it working fine for months.

Please read the quirk site! On fedora 7 pm-utils now uses a matching
framework where the quirks are obtained from HAL, not just based on the
make of your video card. Upgrading from FC6 to F7 might break some
laptops where quirks were added manually, and now need a quirk to be
added to the database.

Richard.