[Pm-utils] Userspace suspend support for pm-utils

Tim Dijkstra newsuser at famdijkstra.org
Mon Jun 18 13:54:16 PDT 2007

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 14:51:52 +0200
Tim Dijkstra <newsuser at famdijkstra.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 11:19:19 +0100
> Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 12:17 +0200, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
> > > Good, so we can use that. Does it get passed down to pm-utils or do i
> > > need to jump through hoops to get it?
> >
> > Good question. I don't think it get passed down - I'm crazy busy today -
> > could someone do a HAL patch for this please - thanks.
>
> OK, this will set --quirk-none to the exported quirks in case of a
> machine confirmed to be working without quirks. Please apply.

OK, now we have this. We have to think how we want to use it. s2ram
always refused to suspend if a machine wasn't in the white list. Now we
have --quirks-none we can do the same in pm-utils.

We can maybe teach hal to notice this and tell g-p-m that suspending
didn't succeed. g-p-m could then tell the user to go and find out what
quirks are needed.

Do we agree about that?

grts Tim