[Pm-utils] Move pm/functions and hooks to /usr/lib or /usr/share

Frank Seidel fseidel at suse.de
Mon Mar 12 04:20:01 PDT 2007

On Saturday 10 March 2007 20:41:39 Tim Dijkstra wrote:
> won't touch that. At execution time the contents of both directories
> will get merged and sorted. If there is a possibility somebody
> doesn't want a certain script to be started it will have to get a
> config option.
Merging directories on runtime seems like a possible additional source
for conflicts and debugging-pain.
Also designing multiple ways for deactivation of hooks (disable
execute-bit, config-options..) doesn't sound very nice to me.

On the other hand, Stefans proposal sounds like a very good KISS design.
Giving admins an easy way to add additional hooks while they also can
at once see all hooks and their order (via the links).

Have fun,
Frank