[Pm-utils] Re: s2both

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Mon Mar 12 14:37:24 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 15:52 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:

> Peter, is this something you can look at / comment on?

Well, for this to work, we need the kernel to write out the data to the
swap file without powering the machine off.  This may be something we
can make the "test" support in /sys/power/disk, but that's really not
optimal, because a) it would actually mean putting all the devices to
sleep, waking them back up, and putting them to sleep again, and b)
there's a 5 second wait in the middle.

Another interesting case we need to support is similar to this, which is
"suspend to hibernate".  Basically we set an timer for wakeup, and do a
normal (non-hibernate) suspend.  If when we wake up it's because the
timer has expired, we hibernate rather than fully waking up.  (If
anybody actually knows how to set up the wakeup timer, could you send me
a mail? ;)

--
  Peter