[Pm-utils] syntax of config file in config.d

Chirag Rajyaguru kibana at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 5 07:50:58 PST 2007

Hi,

I am using suse 10.2. There are some custom services which I want to
stop before suspending (RAM) and restart after resuming using
pm-utils. How do I do it? I do find SUSPEND_MODULES parameter in
/etc/pm/config file but don't see anywhere any variable where services
of choice could be defined which will be stopped before suspend. I
know if I write a hook in /etc/pm/hooks, it is possible to achieve
this. However, I want to specify number of services to be stopped in
say /etc/pm/config or custom file in /etc/pm/config.d/ using for
example (SUSPEND_SERVICES) in a similar way as modules can be defined
using SUSPEND_MOODULES. In this case I can write a general hook as
supplied in pm-utils (/etc/pm/hooks/50modules) to stop services too.

By the way, how one should write his own custom global variable in a
file in /etc/pm/config.d. I have looked at source_configs function in
/etc/pm/function but don't understand how one should write their own
(vendor supplied configuration file) in config.d directory. Could
someone explicitly give an example?

regards,

Kibanadai