[Pm-utils] Re: Resume via quirks, not using the DBUS method, Was: Release Candidates ?

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at mandriva.com
Fri Mar 9 09:52:08 PST 2007

Le vendredi 09 mars 2007 à 16:45 +0100, Stefan Seyfried a écrit :
> On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 12:01:03PM -0500, Peter Jones wrote:
>
> > I find myself wondering if /etc/pm/config shouldn't really
> > be /usr/lib/pm-utils/config , actually.  That would make /etc/pm
> > entirely the domain of the admin (and any ISV software he adds)
>
> Yes, so we'd first source /usr/lib/pm-utils/config, then /etc/pm/config.
> So the distro can put good defaults into /usr/lib/pm-utils/config which
> the user/admin can overwrite in /etc/pm/config. Sounds good.
> I'd still keep the /usr/lib/pm-utils/config well commented, so the admin
> can use it as a template for his own verion in /etc/pm/config.
>
> > I'd say the distros should be using /usr/lib/pm-utils/*/ instead,
> > though.  If you think about it, they're basically acting as a proxy for
> > us at fd.o.  Which is to say, in some respect we're sharing one task
> > with them, whereas a 3rd party package vendor (such as freshrpms, for
> > example) is really doing things on behalf of the admin, rather than as a
> > vendor.

Using /usr/lib/pm-utils/ for all hooks is wrong since those hooks are
scripts. They should be in /usr/share/pm-utils/

BTW, pm-utils SVN is clearly not lib64 compliant (where libdir
is /usr/lib64).

We tried to fixed it in our package, see patches at :
http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/pm-utils/current/SOURCES/pm-utils-0.99.2-fhs.patch?view=log
http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/pm-utils/current/SOURCES/pm-utils-0.99.2-functionpath.patch?view=log
--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at mandriva.com>