[Pm-utils] [patch] userspace-suspend, revisited

Stefan Seyfried seife at suse.de
Tue Mar 27 00:58:58 PDT 2007

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 08:04:40PM +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 21:03 +0200, Tim Dijkstra wrote:
> >
> > BTW, in pm-action REVERSE is set as "resume" or "thaw" depending on
> > the method. With `hybrid' we can get back from both s2ram or s2disk,
> > did you think about what to choose for REVERSE from hybrid?
>
> Ideally, we should do the resume action when we come back from RAM for
> hybrid, and do the thaw action when we come back from DISK for hybrid.
>
> That is assuming we can tell... ;-)

It's probably not hard to implement in uswsusp. However, i need to e.g.
remove my grub-preset after resume no matter if i came back from disk or
from RAM for hybrid, so we need to know that it was a hybrid suspend
anyway.

I thought about this already, and came to the conclusion that it depends
on the hook if you need to take the suspend or the hibernate path (or
both) for a hybrid suspend.
--
Stefan Seyfried

"Any ideas, John?"