[Pm-utils] Should not clean manpages

Stefan Seyfried seife at suse.de
Tue Mar 27 01:02:08 PDT 2007

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 09:01:12PM +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 21:51 +0200, Tim Dijkstra wrote:
> > Currently pm-utils ships its manpages in `compiled' form.
>
> What about just building them at build time from a SGML file? That's
> what I do with gnome-power-manager.

You need tons of stuff installed just to build them.
On a fresh installation, i always need to install half a gig of stuff
i never need otherwise, just to be able to "make dist" on pm-utils.
This is ok for me, but a casual user who just wants to install a handful
of scripts should not be forced to install all this docbook stuff.
And maybe he wants to take a look at the manpages even before considering
installing pm-utils?

Short: the manpages should be ready-to-use in the tarball, IMVHO.
--
Stefan Seyfried

"Any ideas, John?"
"Well, surrounding them's out."