[Pm-utils] pm-utils can do both suspend and hibernate, but Can't Resume from any of them.

Iok Wong iokxp at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 31 23:16:24 PDT 2008

Hello

I installed Arch Linux into my laptop (Toshiba Portege M100). I pretty much get everything working, and things is working well. The only problem I have is that I am able to use pm-utils and or package to suspend and hibernate, but I am not able to resume from suspend or hibernate. When I resume suspend, there is a cursor at that top left corner and after a while, it give me a black screen with the black light on. And when resume from hibernate, the system load everything back to ram which take about 10 sec, which seem normal, but the laptop freeze right after it. I have been using xubuntu before with this laptop, and the resume work just fine. So I think there is not a hardware failure problem. I might just need to config something is the system in order to get it to work. I have try everything possible that I can found online to fix this problem, I even s2ram/s2disk, and the some thing happen when resume, I also, try the "quirk". I check the log, but the log stop right never metion what happen in the resume process. At the end, nothing really work out for me. looking at forum for hours without lucky. haha I serious don't know what to do. In they matter of fact, I don't even know what actually goes work. haha. therefore I don't know what to fix. haha.

Thank you So Much

I.O.K.