[Pm-utils] Pm-hibernate consumes battery

Explinux explinux at email.it
Thu Dec 11 02:03:52 PST 2008

I have a Macbook with Archlinux distro.
I usually Hibernate the machine, with pm-hibernate, when I am done
for the day. The battery is 100% because I usually
run plugged in.

When I restart in the morning, the battery is down to 95%!?!
The machine run the correct boot sequence ( grub and mkinitcpio ) and
it resume my previous session. The machine seems halted, but the
battery isn't plus full charged.

It's a bug? it's possible ?

I use Hibernate also with KDE4: same problem !!!
I know the difference between hibernation and suspension, but ...

Kernel: 2.6.27.8
Pm-Utils: 1.2.3

/etc/pm/config.d/config:

SUSPEND_MODULES="ath_pci"