[Pm-utils] second suspend/resume cycle hangs on resume

Victor Lowther victor.lowther at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 15:48:23 PST 2008

On Sun, 2008-12-14 at 21:36 +0000, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> I'm have a Compaq Presario C700 notebook which I'm trying to get to
> suspend and resume reliably.  Currently I have 2.6.28-rc8 kernel on it
> (just to be sure I have the most recent) and I have pm-utils
> 1.1.2.4-1ubuntu8.

What quirks does this laptop require according to hal? lshal |grep quirk
will tell you -- the ones set to true are the ones HAL thinks are
required.

> The problem is that a first attempt to suspend and resume works just
> fine.  It's the second cycle that fails and it fails on resume with a
> black video (i.e. no backlight) and really no other signs of life.

Sounds like a couple of other reports we have received. Knowing what
quirks HAL thinks are needed will help us figure out what is going on.

> I have a thread in lkml about this at http://article.gmane.org/
> gmane.linux.kernel/768774 if you want to see some history.
>
> The video hardware in this machine is:
>
> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960
> Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
> 00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960
> Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
>
> Anyone have any ideas what I can do to get this working?

Could you also file a bug against pm-utils at bugs.freedesktop.org for
tracking purposes?

> Thanx,
> b.