[Pm-utils] pm-utls version

Victor Lowther victor.lowther at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 16:25:09 PST 2008

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 12:10:55AM +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:
> 2008/2/11, Victor Lowther <victor.lowther at gmail.com>:

> > > I'd like to work on the uswsusp support and fix some outstanding
> > > issues with PMU support.
> >
> > Well, adding basic uswsusp support should be dead simple now -- I
> > whacked up a 30 line file that is completly untested (due to not using
> > uswsusp on my primary machine).
>
> It's not quite that simple.
>
> E.g., when s2ram is used, you shouldn't run 20video/99video.
> s2ram does the video posting etc itself. For that it needs to be
> passed the correct command line arguments. The correct command line
> arguments have to be calculated from the --quirk-* options passed to
> pm-*.

Ah, my brief perusal of the source seemed to indicate that the -f
parameter (among other things) bypassed the whitelist entirely, including
the application of any quirks.

In either case, though, we don't need to use s2ram at all in uswsusp --
the only thing it buys us is the whitelist, and we should be getting
that for free from HAL.

> Also, the check_hibernate method should also check for -c /dev/snapshot.
> These are just a few things that come to my mind right now (I've
> certainly forgotten a couple of other issues).
> Not so trivial as it might look like.

Pointers welcome.

--
Victor Lowther