[Pm-utils] [TuxOnIce-users] Integration with gnome-power-manager

Victor Lowther victor.lowther at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 22:07:46 PST 2008

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 04:01:18PM +1100, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
> Hi.
>
> David Abrahams wrote:
> > I found
> > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Software_Suspend_v2#Using_gnome-power-manager,
> > which seems to be working really well for me.  I liked this approach
> > better than that of patching /sbin/pmi basically because it handled
> > suspend-to-ram as well as -to-disk.
> >
> > The one thing I'm dissatisfied with is that g-p-m dims the screen and
> > causes my fbsplash userui to be invisible when suspending (as you might
> > expect, it's still visible when resuming).  Anyone know how to deal with
> > that?
>
> I'm working (slowly) towards getting TuxOnIce support added to pm-utils.
> That said, I'm working (slowly) on lots of things :). Regarding g-p-m, I
>   guess one solution might be to reverse the dimming from the hibernate
> script?

Well, the current git repository on pm-utils.freedesktop.org has what
should be working tuxonice support, where "working" means "I hope
default TOI settings work on your system".

Support for most of the additional configuration that is possible with
TOI (splash screens, reserve pages, file-image mode, whatever) can
probably be added as a tuxonice-specific sleep hook.

Right now we are working on stabilizing the code base after the large
changes introduced over the last month, but patches adding
configurability to tuxonice would be nice to have.

> Regards,
>
> Nigel

Victor Lowther
Ubuntu Certified Professional