[Pm-utils] error in pm-utils under gentoo

Victor Lowther victor.lowther at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 11:14:49 PST 2008

On Jan 28, 2008 1:05 PM, Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:
 > How about testing whether it exists first, then execute it when it does,
> otherwise  test whether setfont exists and execute it, otherwise do nothing.
> Or make it possible to define which executable should be run to restore the
> sysfont, e.g. via /usr/lib/pm-utils/defaults.

Mainly because neither Debian nor Ubuntu (the two distros I have easy
access to) have 60sysfont in their version of pm-utils, yet their
console fonts get restored normally on resume.  It seems like this is
a case in which the distros should add the hook if they require it,
rather than removing it if they do not -- it is one less
distro-specific patch we have to maintain.