[Pm-utils] [patch commit] [000] POSIXification of pm-utils

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 16:44:21 PST 2008

2008/1/29, Till Maas <opensource at till.name>:
> Hiyas,
>
> here is an updated patch that will work with the new module handling.

MODULEDIR="/Var/run/pm-utils/modules"

There is a typo: "Var"

And spin_lock still seems to be incorrect. It should be something like
this imho:

spin_lock()
{
        # $1 = directory to use as the lock directory
        # $2 = optional timeout
        local elapsed=0
        while ! try_lock $1; do
                [ "x$2" != "x" ] && [ $(( $elapsed == $2 )) -ne 0 ] && return 1
                elapsed=$(($elapsed + 1))
                sleep 1;
        done
}

I've applied an updated patch with this changes.

There are still some bugs left though.

- /var/run/pm-utils/pm-ntpd.lock is created (although I don't have
ntpd installed) and not removed anymore on resume.
- pm-powersave has become very verbose, spitting out a lot of debug
output to stdout.
- pm-suspend with a --quirk-vbe* hangs on resume.

Victor, are there any un-applied patches still?

Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?