[Pm-utils] Fwd: results after POSIXification

Victor Lowther victor.lowther at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 07:45:19 PST 2008

Sorry, forgot to add the mailing list to the cc: line.

On Jan 30, 2008 4:35 AM, Michael Biebl <mbiebl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after Victors extensive patches to make pm-utils posix shell
> compliant, I ran checkbashims on the resulting scripts. Here are the
> results:
>
> possible bashism in 00logging line 8 (echo -e):
>                 echo -e "Kernel version: `/bin/uname -a`\n"
> possible bashism in 00logging line 9 (echo -e):
>                 echo -e "`lsmod`\n"
> possible bashism in 00logging line 10 (echo -e):
>                 echo -e "`free`\n"

These are because of the -e parameter to echo.  I have another patch
series (not submitted yet) that gets rid if the unneeded calls to echo
in this (and a couple of other) scripts.

> possible bashism in functions line 227 (brace expansion):
>                                 MODS="${MODS%,*}"

This is POSIX parameter expansion -- checkbashisms is incorrect here.
http://opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xcu/chap2.html#tag_001_006_002
for reference.