[Pm-utils] Release?

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 12:54:09 PDT 2008

2008/3/15, Victor Lowther <victor.lowther at gmail.com>:
> I think it is time to do a release.  I have been running the latest
>  version of pm-utils on my laptop for a little over a week, and I have
>  had exactly 0 suspend/resume failures related to pm-utils in that
>  time.
>
>  How about a week or so of everyone running on fd.o git head, and if we
>  do not encounter any nontrivial bugs call it 1.1.0?

I'd like to see four more points addressed:
1.) pm/module.d/uswsusp:
Now that it disables the 99video hook, it has to parse the quirks
itself and pass it to s2ram in do_suspend and s2both in
do_suspend_hybrid
2.) better pmu support
check_suspend should return true if /dev/pmu is existent
3.) SLEEP_MODULE
I'd like to have an additional option "auto", which is the default and
tries to autodetect the sleep module that should be used:
first check for tuxonice
then uswusp
then fall back to kernel
4.) I'd like to move the configuration variables like SLEEP_MODULE,
TEMPORARY_CPUFREQ_GOVERNOR (and optionally PM_LOGFILE) into
pm/defaults and document them properly.

I'll try to prepare patches for that over the weekend.

Besides from that, I agree that we should get out a new release soonish.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?