[Pm-utils] Release?

Victor Lowther victor.lowther at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 15:48:30 PDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 18:11 -0500, Victor Lowther wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 23:50 +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:
> > 2008/3/15, Michael Biebl <mbiebl at gmail.com>:
> > (as root)
> >
> > pm-suspend --help blanks the screen. It seems to chvt 1, chvt 7.
>
> Yeah, that was a byproduct of having the vt switching code intergrated
> with the locking code.  I have split them out, and move the actual vt
> swtiching to 00clear for now.  Fix pushed upstream.

Upon further testing, the vt switching code sometimes failed when
running from release_suspend_lock -- probably something to do with
propogating VT into the environment release_suspend_lock was running
in.

Now, all vt switching code runs from within 00clear, and
savestate/restorestate is used to keep track of the vt we started out
on.

--
Victor Lowther
Ubuntu Certified Professional