[Pm-utils] Changes in pm-utils fd.o master

Victor Lowther victor.lowther at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 17:08:08 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 21:58 -0500, Victor Lowther wrote:
> * More logging.  Better logging also, I like to think.  Let me know if
> the logging format annoys you.  We can probably come to a suitable
> comprimise.
>
> * Defaults file heavily commented.  It explains what each of the
> user-modifiable environment variables is and what acceptable values for
> each are.
>
> * Hook blacklisting and commandline parameter manipulation modified to
> use environment variables instead of special configuration files.  These
> features are mainly intended for debugging.
>
> *  SUSPEND_MODULES, HOOK_BLACKLIST, ADD_PARAMETERS, and DROP_PARAMETERS
> stack instead of overwriting if declared multiple times in
> seperate /etc/pm/config.d files.
>
> * We can now ignore commandline parameters instead of just adding to
> them.

Couple more changes, and I am finished for now:

* Clean up the hooks a bit more.  In particular, make the bluetooth and
cpufreq take advantage of the ability to pipe data into/out of savestate
and restorestate.

* Clean up logging in run_hooks.  Make log understand -n while I am at
it.

--
Victor Lowther
Ubuntu Certified Professional