[Pm-utils] Low Nvidia performance after hibernate

Stian Kalstad stian.kalstad at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 05:25:03 PST 2008

Hi!

I`m using pm-utils to suspend/hibernate my system. But I`m experiencing some
problems with my graphic card, when I`m hibernating.

If i run glxgears after I`ve staret/rebooted my system, the performance is:

stian at D620 ~ $ glxgears
1346 frames in 5.0 seconds = 269.142 FPS
1345 frames in 5.0 seconds = 268.831 FPS

But after I resume from a hibernate the performance drop down to:

stian at D620 ~ $ glxgears
540 frames in 5.0 seconds = 107.935 FPS
538 frames in 5.0 seconds = 107.419 FPS

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I`m running on a Dell Latitude D620, x86, Nvidia Quadro NVS 110 M,
Gentoo-2.6.26-r2