[Pm-utils] pm-utils 1.2.1 and 1.1.2.5 released

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 03:45:53 PDT 2008

2008/10/4 Victor Lowther <victor.lowther at gmail.com>:

>      * pm-utils has support for saving quirks as a HAL FDI file. If
>        called with --store-quirks-as-fdi, an .fdi file specific to the
>        machine and quirks passed on the command line will be written
>        to /tmp/pm-utils-created.fdi.

Btw, this doesn't seem to work for me.
pm-suspend --store-quirks-as-fdi only does a suspend but not actually
write the fdi file.
I'd expect that --store-quirks-as-fdi will *only* write the fdi file
and stop afterwards.

I also wonder, if we shouldn't  always reset acpi_flags to 0.
Example: I have tested
pm-suspend --quirk-s3-bios --quirk-s3-mode

and afterwards

pm-suspend --quirk-vbe-mode --quirk-vbestate-restore
and /proc/sys/kernel/acpi_video_flags was still set to 3.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?