[Pm-utils] pm-utils 1.2.1 and 1.1.2.5 released

Stefan Seyfried seife at suse.de
Mon Oct 6 05:57:33 PDT 2008

Michael Biebl wrote:
> 2008/10/4 Victor Lowther <victor.lowther at gmail.com>:

> I also wonder, if we shouldn't  always reset acpi_flags to 0.

IMHO yes, you should. s2ram is doing this for quite some time now after I was
chasing some strange bug reports. This also gets rid of people still using
"acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode" on the kernel command line and then telling you
"My machine does not need any quirks!!!11!"

;-)

> Example: I have tested
> pm-suspend --quirk-s3-bios --quirk-s3-mode
>
> and afterwards
>
> pm-suspend --quirk-vbe-mode --quirk-vbestate-restore
> and /proc/sys/kernel/acpi_video_flags was still set to 3.

Yes, bad.
--
Stefan Seyfried
R&D Team Mobile Devices            |              "Any ideas, John?"

This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers:
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)